The Nuffied Trust first year Evaluation of the first year of the Inner North West London Integrated Care Pilot finds that there is substantial progress in terms of developing integrated care in terms of developing new forms of care for older people and those with diabetes. There remains a need to:
- Review governance to develop a locality-based model in response to the development of Clinical Commissioning Group.
- There is a need for improved quality of care planning ensuring that patients are involved and engaged.
- Performance of multidisciplinary groups formed as part of the pilot have been successful enhancing communication and collaboration among professionals.
- There is widespread frustration felt with progress in developing a user-friendly tool for recording care planning that also has all the functionality that partners would wish to see. Shared data and IT is an area requiring work.
- Increased efforts to engage and involve patients in the pilot, representatives from the Patients and Users Committee have been appointed full members of the Integrated Management Board and its committees, and have contributed to the development of the Inner North West London Integrated Care Pilot’s policies and processes.